Wakatobi National Park, also known as Kepulauan Toekang Besi is located in South-East of Sulawesi, between the Banda Sea to the North-East and the Flores Sea to the South-West. Wakatobi National Park, also known as Kepulauan Toekang Besi is located in South-East of Sulawesi, between the Banda Sea to the North-East and the Flores Sea to the South-West. The name of Wakatobi is a portmanteau of the four main of Islands: Wangi-Wangi, Kaledupa, Tomia, and Binongko. Since 2005 the park is listed as a tentative World Heritage Site. As the third largest marine park in Indonesia, Wakatobi known as an underwater nirwana (Jacques Cousteau) A national marine park covering the entire Waktobi District, it comprises 1.4 million hectares, of which 900,000 host tropical coral reefs. Wakatobi has the highest number of reef and fish species in the world. The islands are form the largest barrier reef in Indonesia, second only to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. It is the habitat of large and small fish species, dolphins, turtles and whales. The island group comprises 143 islands of which 7 are inhabited, counting a total population of around 120,000. Most notable are the Bajo communities, seafaring nomads who inhabit many of Indonesia’s remote islands.
About Tomia Island
Tomia is the third island of Wakatobi, which can be reached within 2-4 hours by public boat from Wangi-Wangi or Wanci. This island has been a famous dive site for more than 10 years, with one resort even opening a direct route from Bali to Tomia Island for its guests. Public boats will dock at Waha or Jabal Harbou Wangiwangi. Besides the beauty of its underwater life, Tomia can be explored using motorbike, bike or car. Enjoy your time in Tomia Island with several activities ; visit local community, enjoy local food, enjoy beautiful beaches along the coast, heritage sites, caves or simply cruise around the island.
Key facts on Immigration and Visa on arrival in Indonesia
- Free Entry – Visa exemption for more than 169 countries
- Free Entry stamp valid 30 days, cannot be extended
- Regulation states, that any entry point into Indonesia issues the free entry stamp
- Day of arrival counts as day one
- Day of departure counts as full day
- Passport must be always valid 6 months
- Keep a page on passport empty for stamp or visa sticker!
- Visa on Arrival makes sense, if you wish to stay longer than 30 days and not longer than 60 days, VoA can be extended in Bali once
- Many Visa Agents can help for VoA extension
- VoA US$ 35 per person
- To obtain and pay VoA, queue at the counter before immigration
- You are responsible for obtaining, paying for and carrying all relevant travel documents including passports, visas and/or other entry documents. You are also responsible for meeting all health and other requirements, and for any documents required by the laws, regulations, orders, and/or requirements of the countries you will visit. We are not responsible for providing specific visa or travel document information. We are not liable for any traveller refused entry to a country or transport due to failure of the traveller carrying correct travel documentation
- Please visit : key Facts on Immigration and Visa on Arrival for Bali and Indonesia
Please visit :www. visabali.com